HISTORY

Back in June 1928, the New York Mirror advertised to its million readers the charms of a heavily-wooded and high-cliffed section of the North Shore of Long Island, located halfway between Port Jefferson and Riverhead. The Mirror offered building lots for summer homes to those who wanted to "get away from it all" during the good weather season. The advertisements extolled the virtues of climate, the smoothness of the beach, the fine bathing, boating and fishing facilities. City folk read the tempting story told in the pages of the Mirror; they drove out or arrived by train at the Rocky Point Train Station by way of the Long Island Railroad; they saw, were charmed, and bought eagerly.

© 2019 by North Shore Beach Property Owners Association

  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Wix Facebook page
  • Twitter Classic